Wednesday, May 28, 2008

remembering

Okay, I think last night it clicked in. I remember now who John Grady and Billy "are" from the other two books. I think it's a tough jump to go from an easy, breezy read like The Host back to Cormac McCarthy.

C. and I had a big day. We went on a decent bike ride (7 miles) and met friends for a playdate at a park. In the evening we went to see a movie and eat dinner in the theater pub. He is soooo adorable and I loved spending the time with him.
We were both worn out when we got home. After a while (and a minor tantrum) he curled up next to me on the sofa and read his little book called Tails. I read it once and then he took it and read it a few times himself. After a few minutes the reading stopped, the book slipped to the floor, and C. had fallen asleep while reading for the first time. Not bad for just three years old.

No comments: