Sunday, May 25, 2008

Summertime!

I checked 6 books out of the school library before I left for the summer on Friday.
1 Cormac McCarthy
2 Jodi Picoult
3 Joyce Carol Oates

Anyway, I started the third in Cormac McCarthy's border trilogy, Cities of the Plain. It's been a while since I read All the Pretty Horses and The Crossing though so it was hard to get into it when I started last night.

After I finish these six (I hear Jodi Picoult books are fast reads) I am going to pick up The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz because it just won the Pulitzer. I was keeping a list of Pulitzer prize winners I've read because I was trying to get through them all. I got waylaid by A Confederacy of Dunces but really should return. Well, I did read The Road last summer.
I think my next post will be my list of Pulitzers...

No comments: